Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
You Can Make a Difference
KMHM relies on the assistance of volunteers to help us achieve our mission. There are many volunteer opportunities available at KMHM, including:
- Greeting visitors and leading tours of the Museum
- Helping with hospitality and setup/breakdown of Museum events
- Assisting with the Gift Shop
- Helping maintain the Museum’s historic buildings and herb garden
- Working with Museum collections
- Assisting with research and exhibit development
- Contributing to our fundraising efforts
- And much more!
Museum Internships are currently available for students. Internship applications are accepted at all times of the year. KMHM accepts applications from upper-level undergraduates and graduate students. Students in programs such as Anthropology, Art, Education, History, Library Science, Public History, Recreation Management, and related fields and are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for an internship at Kings Mountain Historical Museum, please email a cover letter and resume to Director & Curator, Sarah Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.